12 September 2017
The DRV8837 provides an integrated motor-driver solution for cameras, consumer products, toys, and other low-voltage or battery-powered motion-control applications. The device has one H-bridge driver, and can drive one dc motor or one winding of a stepper motor, as well as other devices like solenoids. The output driver block consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as an H-bridge to drive the motor winding. An internal charge pump generates needed gate-drive voltages.
The DRV8837 can supply up to 1.8 A of output current. It operates on a motor power-supply voltage from 1.8 V to 11 V, and a device power-supply voltage of 1.8 V to 7 V.
The DRV8837 has a PWM (IN/IN) input interface, which is compatible with industry-standard devices.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout and overtemperature.
The DRV8837 is packaged in an 8-pin 2-mm × 2-mm WSON PowerPAD package.
- H-Bridge Motor Driver Drives a DC Motor or One Winding of a Stepper Motor or Other Loads
- Low MOSFET On-Resistance: HS + LS 280 mΩ
- 1.8-A Maximum Drive Current
- 1.8-V to 11-V Motor-Operating Supply-Voltage Range
- Separate Motor and Logic Supply Pins
- PWM (IN/IN) Interface
- Low-Power Sleep Mode With 120-nA Maximum Combined Supply Current
- Dedicated SLEEP Pin
- 2-mm × 2-mm 8-Pin WSON Package