18 January 2019
ON Semiconductor NOA1213 Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) is a very low power sensor with an analog current output and a power down mode to conserve power. This ALS is designed for handheld device applications with active power dissipation less than 8µA at dark (less than 200pA quiescent power). The NOA1213 ALS operates over a wide range of voltages from 2V to 5.5V. Features include photopic spectral response, dynamic dark current compensation, and power down mode. The NOA1213 employs proprietary CMOS image sensing technology from ON Semiconductor. This technology includes built-in dynamic dark current compensation to provide a large Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) and wide Dynamic Range (DR) over the entire operating temperature range. This sensor is suitable for mobile devices with displays or backlit keypads, cameras, video recorders, automobile dashboard displays, street lights, and laptops.
- Photopic spectral response
- Senses ambient light and provides an output current proportional to the ambient light intensity
- Dynamic dark current compensation
- Three selectable output current gain modes in approximately 10x steps
- Power down mode
- Less than 14µA at 100 lux active power consumption in a medium gain mode
- -40°C to 85°C wide operating temperature range
- Less than 200pA quiescent power dissipation in power down mode at all light levels
- Linear response over the full operating range
- Senses intensity of ambient light from ~0 lux to over 100000 lux
- Drop-in replacement device in 1.6mm x 1.6mm package
- Devices are Pb-free, halogen-free/BFR free, and are RoHS compliant
You can check out this product here.