24 May 2018
Vishay / BC Components Multilayer Varistors (MLV) provide reliable and economical protection against high voltage transients and surges. Multilayer Varistors can absorb much higher transient energies than transient suppressor diodes and can suppress positive and negative transients. The design of the varistors offer an even distribution of the absorbed energy within the component, allowing a high surge current due to its high electrode area.
- Low voltage range: down to 4VRMS
- High energy absorption capability with respect to size of component
- Response time faster than 1ns, clamping the transient the instant it occurs
- Low stand-by power - virtually no power absorption while in stand-by condition
- Low capacitance values, allowing the protection of digital circuits
- Wide operational temperature range, from −55°C to 125°C making it suitable for a wide range of applications such as mobile telephony, data transmissions, consumer goods and automotive applications
You can check out our varistor products here.